Healthcare Information Management Systems
The call for applications is now open and will close on Friday, October 10, 2014 at 5:00 pm Central (late applications will not be accepted). Winners will be notified by January 2015.
Make a Nomination
- Click on Call for Proposals (top, left side of page)
- Click on New Submissions (middle, left side page)
- Click on the Name of the Award or Scholarship you would like to apply for
Winners will be announced in January 2015 and honored at the Awards Banquet at the HIMSS15 Conference and Exposition.
3 scholarships are awarded (one per level of study) to an undergraduate, Masters and PhD student enrolled in a program related to the healthcare information and management systems field. In addition to the $5000 scholarship award, the winner will also receive an all-expense paid trip to the Awards Banquet at the Annual HIMSS Conference and Exhibition. (Some restrictions may apply.)
Applicants for the Healthcare Information Management Systems scholarships must fulfill these minimum requirements:
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of HIMSS
- The primary occupation of the applicant at the time the scholarship is awarded must be that of student in an accredited undergraduate, Masters or PhD program related to the healthcare information or management systems field. The specific degree program is not a critical factor, although it is expected that programs similar to those in industrial engineering, operations research, healthcare informatics, computer science and information systems, mathematics, and quantitative programs in business administration and hospital administration will predominate.
- Undergraduate applicants must be at least a first-term junior when the scholarship is awarded.
- Previous Foundation Scholarship winners are ineligible.
2013 Scholarship Recipients
Robin Hernandez, Loma Linda University
Marie Dunn, Harvard School of Public Health
Roosan Islam, University of Utah